To filter posts by a date custom field, its value must be stored in format
1. Convert to YYYY-MM-DD field
If your custom field value is already in YYYY-MM-DD format, please skip this step and let’s filter by date custom field.
Assuming you have some events, each event has a custom field “Start Date”. Value of these custom fields are somethings like 10 Sep 2015, 9 Oct 2015…
Because value of this field is not in format YYYY-MM-DD, we have to create its alias field:
– give it a custom name (for example: cvp_start_date)
– convert value of the field “Start Date” to YYYY-MM-DD format, to set as value of this field. For example, the value of “Start Date” is “10 Sep 2015”, so value of the alias field is “2015-09-10”.
2. Filter by Date custom field
In Filter Settings tab, select Custom Fields checkbox.
In the “Filter by Custom Fields” box, click Add New button, then:
– select the alias field for Field Key
– select the Date option for Value Type
– select the relevant options for Operator To Compare, Value To Compare
Here is a sample which filter upcoming events: